Micronised Barytes offers protection to …
Corporate & Social Responsibility
Viaton recognises it is a requirement of any responsible company to operate a business in a manner that meets or exceeds the ethical, legal, commercial and public expectations that society has of business.
Viaton is one element of a larger supply chain.
We have a duty to consider the whole chain, promoting a positive contribution to society. It is our policy to operate sustainable and responsible business practices, and consider all elements we interact with.
The diagram opposite illustrates our approach, with more information provided below.
Environment - Environmental Policy - read more
- Our activities are focused on the prevention of pollution and the reduction of process waste generation.
- We employ naturally occurring raw materials. Competitor synthetic products employ chemical processes with potentially harmful environmental impacts.
- There are no by-products or waste from our manufacturing processes.
- Raw materials are purchased in bulk. Packaging waste is avoided and higher density transportation reduces transport mileage.
- Our Colorana pigment range employs environmentally friendly physical processes.
- We employ recycled and reconditioned wooden pallets for finished goods. Products are packed into low paper content sacks. In the case of IBC's we supply multi trip bags. We accept bags recycled from customers.
- Raw material packaging received from contract processing customers is recycled. Wooden pallets not required for customer's finished products are reclaimed for our own use or passed on to approved pallet suppliers for re-use.
- Damaged pallets are reconditioned by approved contractors and re-enter the supply chain.
- Cardboard and paper is recycled.
- Small amounts of non recyclable waste are segregated and channelled through accredited waste handling and recycling companies.
- Environmental management processes ensure a continuous focus on waste reduction and waste stream control.
- Viaton management are professionally trained and qualified in Environmental management best practice ensuring competence, insight and proactive involvement.
- Air vented into the atmosphere from our processes is filtered to prevent nuisance dust. The exhausted air is 80% cleaner than current Environmental protection standards.